The background of this area should be an image. Please use Change Background feature to change the background of this area.
(Can be found under DESIGN tab)
Knowledge & News
Thought provoking topics and series, necessary news and information.
Bundt Cakes & Basic Baking.
Day 7001 and I have officially baked 6 cakes to gift to friends and family in under a week. This week's inspiration was an excessive number of red apples and oranges that I couldn't possibly see go to waste. I'm a serious sucker for Pinterest recipes and I usually use them as the base for the recipe and then take on my own spin. Here are this week's masterpieces!
ORANGE BUNDT CAKE
Cake Ingredients (7.5 inch bundt) | 1.5 cups flour, 1.5 tsps baking powder, 1.5 cups granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 3 tbsps milk, 3/4 cup Vo-Lasalle Orange Juice, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 tsp vanilla, orange zest from 3 oranges, pinch of salt
Glaze Ingredients | 1.25 cups powdered sugar, 3 tbsps orange juice, 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat to 350 degrees. Grease Bundt Pan. In medium bowl mix all cake ingredients. Pour the batter in the bundt and bake for 35 minutes.
2. Let cool on stove top for fifteen minutes. Then gently take out the bundt cake and drizzle with orange glaze and powdered sugar.
CINNAMON APPLE BUNDT CAKE
CAKE INGREDIENTS (9 inch bundt)
Glaze Ingredients | 4 eggs, 2 cups granulated sugar, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 cups flour, 4 tsps baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 6 peeled, chopped and cored red apples
CINNAMON LAYER INGREDIENTS
4 tsps cinnamon & 4 tbsps brown sugar
Bottled Caramel Syrup
Powdered Sugar to Sprinkle
1. Preheat to 350 degrees. Grease Bundt Pan. In medium bowl mix all cake ingredients. Pour half of the batter in the bundt, then layer in the cinnamon mix with a fork on top.
2. After the cinnamon layer is swirled in, then add the remaining cake mix and bake for 55 minutes.
3. Remove the pan and let cool on stovetop for 15 minutes. Then turn over and move the bundt onto cake plate.
4. Drizzle the cake with caramel sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Check back later this week for some inspiration. Stay home and healthy!
-Jess Serwanski, Director of Operations
We are a misfit faith community that gathers in DeLand on Sundays at 5pm. Come as you are.
We value highly the metaphor of journey. We’re different people from different places and backgrounds, representing an intergenerational community, and we’ve traveled different paths. So, we agree not to make assumptions about the person across from us, next to us, or in conversation with us. We challenge ourselves to be sensitive, knowing this community includes a diverse group of people from life-long followers of Jesus, to people who are just now open to the idea that God might exist. We strive to avoid offense, ask good questions, articulate and explain our responses. We don’t assume fluency in bible, spirituality, or Church language, because we believe the message of Jesus is not for Christianity, but for humanity. So, we do everything in the spirit of love and grace.
Paid Professional Childcare Available during Sunday Services
1 - 5 years of age | Childcare
6 - 11 years of age | Collective Kids